Here's to Great Burgers and Fries, down with the rest!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Intro

I've been asking myself for a very long time, why is it so difficult, and sometimes seemingly impossible to get a great Burger and/or Fries in our beloved Chicago??? So having spent a great deal of time pursuing this simple but critically important quest, by eating, reading, and researching this almost obsessional (for me) topic, I will report my findings here in the Chicago Burger and Fries blog.

Prolouge...........................

In 2009, I  ate the object(s) of our desire at numerous venues, including the following establishments (in no particular order):  Moody's Pub, Flub a Dub,  Sweets and Savories, Weiner Circle, Socca, Kuma's Corner, 5 Guys, DMK Burger Bar, Duffy's Tavern and Grill, The Counter, Clybar,  White Castle, Onesixty Blue, Stella's, Burger King, Hot Doug's, and David Burke's Primehouse.

My Picks for 2009...........................

The Best Burger: Kuma's Corner ****
The Best Fries: Hot Doug's ****  (regular and duck fat) I love them both.

Thats the standards that all will be judged by this year. I look forward to reading, eating, and writing  about Chicago Burgers and Fries in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment